The Pembroke Community Choir relies on donations from individuals and local businesses. We couldn’t do it without you!
We are a registered not-for-profit charitable organization. Donations of $20 or more receive a receipt for tax purposes.
Become a Patron!
For $50 or more, your name or business/website is listed here and in our programs.
This is a wonderful way to show that your family or workplace promotes culture in our community!
We Need Your Support!
Why do we solicit donations?
Our regular expenses include:
- sheet music (which must be imported, although we re-use and borrow wherever possible)
- rehearsal space and concert venue rentals
- limited paid advertising (we make full use of free media)
- printing of posters/tickets/programs
- liability & music library insurance
- director’s & accompanist’s fees
- extra musicians’ honoraria.
Our only sources of income are:
- members’ dues
- concert tickets (which we keep affordable)
- much-appreciated donations.
Our cash flow is complicated by the need to purchase our first batch of music and pay our insurance bill before we receive any income, so we carry that amount from year to year. We keep an additional reserve equal to one session’s worth of ticket sales in case of an emergency concert cancellation (which has happened twice in recent memory). Your donations enable us to balance our annual budget.